Elceram - keramické substráty


Technology of white substrates

 

Technology of white substrates

We produce ceramic corundum substrates of size 200 x 200 mm and thickness in the range of 0,1 mm to 1,5 mm. The substrates are made from 96 % of corundum ceramic. Basic component is alumina Al2O3, its content is 96 %, remaining 4 % includes other additives improving workablennes of ceramic suspension and properties of burned out ceramics. The ceramic substrates are produced from the high-quality materials of ceramic suspension. These base materials are subject of regular input controls.

Preparation of ceramic suspension takes place in a ball mill, where homogenization of alumina additives occurs. This process creates a ceramic material, which is then processed in the casting line where is slowly dry up. During this process is formed a crude ceramic film from which are produced a ceramic substrates of the requested size. Further technological operation is burn-out according to exactly defined temperature´s profile. Due to this fact is created a ceramic substrate with unique properties which is suitable for a wide range of applications in electronics.

 

Standard sizes of ceramic substrates:

  • 108 x 108 x 0,3 mm
  • 108 x 108 x 0,635 mm
  • 108 x 108 x 1 mm
  • 105 x 105 x 0,635 mm
  • 115 x 115 x 1 mm
  • 160 x 108 x 1 mm
     

 

Planar molding technology (Doctor blade technology)

We are the only company in the Czech republic who owns casting line for casting of plastic ceramic films. This fact allows us to produce a wide range of ceramic substrates of different sizes according to customer´s requirements. In 2011 was the casting line innovated and supplemented with recycling of organic solvents´vapor, which comes out during the drying process. It is closed production cycle which does not burden the environment and significantly reduces production costs. The maximum width of the plastic ceramic film is 1 m, max. thickness of 1,5 mm and min. thickness of 0,1 mm.

 

Stamping/ceramic goffering from crude ceramic plastic film

From the crude ceramic plastic films are stayed in ceramic substrates or already products of complex shapes by stamping presses. These products are then sprinkled with a soft corundum powder on the spreading line. This powder prevents sticking of the burned-out products during the sinter burn-out. We dispose of four stamping presses with the pressure 10 and 20 tons.

 

Sinter and re-sinter burn-out of ceramics

For sintering ceramics we have at disposal 2 continuous electric furnaces produced by RIEDHAMMER. We were involved on their construction. For re-sintering (straightening) we use 2 continuous electric furnaces from japanese producer TOKAI KONETSU KOGYO. Maximum firing temperature is around 1580 °C during the sintering.

The dimensions of firing channel of sintering furnace are 280 x 270 mm, maximum capacity of the furnace is 30 kg/h, the maximum volume 10 % of organic components.

 

 Polishing of ceramics

Ceramic powder which prevents to stick the burned-out ceramic must be after firing removed. For this purpose we use polishing mashines which operate on the shot blasting substrate principle by corundum powder mixed with water. After polishing is deflection of ceramic aligned in straightnening firing, in case it is necessary.

 

Burn-out ceramic check

Burned-out and aligned ceramic must be checked. The check is done by the control department according to catalogue with defects, where the individual defects are specified. The defects can be for example cracks, surface grooves, flags, leaker, deflection, bulges etc.

 

Machining of ceramics by CO2 laser

Ceramics can be machined either in crude condition by grooving technology or after sintering firing. The production costs for crude grooved ceramics are lower and thererfore this technology is more suitable for large series, the preparation of such production is financially and temporally arduous at the beginning. Compared to this the ceramic cut by CO2 laser is designed for small and medium series, respectively for applications with special requirements, where lay stress on the high speed of deliveries and low initial cost.

 

Ceramic analysis

We own gauging device that we use to control and analyse of the production process. These are profile meters, roughness measure, densimeter, viscometer, chemical balance, etc. Further we own confocal microscope Olympus, which allows us to take 3D image of the material´s surface.

 

 Pressing of ceramics

Firing of ceramics

 

     
Presser for pressing of ceramics potentiometers  Burned-out products on the output of the sintering furnace